Fall Session starts next week! We are very excited to get the meet season underway! Tuesday will be our first night of practice and we will hold on site registration Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30 – 6:30 each night at the pool entrance. Please sign up and fill out the online form before check in. www.sjsealions.com/fall19 You can also visit our calendar at https://www.sjsealions.com/team-calendar/
We will also be hosting a parent meeting on Thursday up in the balcony on Thursday at 6:15. New parents should plan to attend as board members will be discussing all things related our swim club including sessions, practices, meets, etc.
Points of interest:
- An option for current High School Swim Team members has been added to the sign up sheet for those who want to swim with us until the season starts. The cost is $120.
- An updated Meet Schedule has been added to the website with most of the invitationals updated. We have added one dual meet at home vs Owosso on December 18th. More dual meets are in the works. We have also added September 27th as our kick off Mock Meet. We are also excited to introduce our Legends Clinic Series, with current record holders coming back to do clinics for our kids! More info to come as we get it.
- The MTSL league meeting was last night and all rules and time standards remain the same as last season. Both can be reviewed on our website. https://www.sjsealions.com/forms-links/
- We have launched a new “Masters” program for swimmers over 18 years old. We hope some of our parents will join us in the pool! Practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm. https://www.sjsealions.com/masters/
With this addition and with the girls high school team finishing practices as we start, please keep in mind some of our younger swimmers may feel more comfortable using the family locker room.
- Locker rooms will open each night at 5:45.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is something you would like discussed at the parent meeting on Thursday.
Go Sea Lions!